Nominations being accepted for Wildcat Hall of Fame
Who will be inducted into the Wildcat Hall of Fame this year?
Nominations for the 2012 class of the Wildcat Hall of Fame are being accepted through March 1. Nomination forms can be found online at www.rfhalloffame.net or in the high school activities office.
Categories for nomination include Athlete, Coach, Distinguished Citizen, Legacy and Team. Selections will be announced in April and the Hall of Fame Golf Tournament and Induction Banquet will be held Friday, Aug. 3, at Kilkarney Hills Golf Club.
A candidate for induction into the Wildcat Hall of Fame must satisfy the qualifications in one of the following categories within the past fifty (50) years:
- Athletic and Personal Achievement: A former River Falls High School athlete who performed with excellence. Must be a graduate and out of school for at least ten (10) years. Nominees must be, or have been, a credit to family, country, and River Falls. The nominee may be either living or deceased.
- Coaches: A nominee must have been a former coach who has distinguished himself/herself by demonstrating exceptional leadership, character, and athletic achievement during his/her tenure at River Falls. The nominee may be either living or deceased.
- Distinguished Citizen: A person who has made outstanding contributions to the River Falls School District and/or society as a whole. The nominee may be either living or deceased.
- Legacy Award: A person who meets any of the above criteria prior to the last fifty (50) years. The nominee may be either living or deceased.
- Team Award: A team that demonstrated historic accomplishments in the field of competition while displaying great team character and sportsmanship.
The inaugural Wildcat Hall of Fame Class was inducted in a ceremony at Kilkarney Hills July 29, 2011, and included athletes DeWayne Benedict (Class of 1965), Paul Cudd, Jr. (Class of 1971), Steve Farley (Class of 1977), Paul Wehking (Class of 1983), Brenda (Johnson) Simone (Class of 1986), Kate Peterson Abiad (Class of 1987), Karyn Bye Dietz (Class of 1989) and Kevin Black (Class of 1998); coaches Deb Timmerman and Ron Wunrow; Grant Hanson and Kirby Symes in the Distinguished Citizens category; and Red Dawson (Class of 1924) and Roger Kuss (Class of 1949) in the Legacy category.