PIERCE COUNTY FINANCE AND PERSONNEL
COMMITTEE MEETING Monday, October 7, 2013 4:00 p.m., Courthouse - County Board Room, 414 W. Main St. Ellsworth, WI.
AGENDA: 1. Call to order: 1a. Establish quorum, 1b. Committee will receive public comment not related to agenda items; 2. Consent calendar Discuss and take action on: 2a. Establish and approve agenda; 2b. Approve minutes of 10/1/13; 2c. Treasurers report on previous months finance activities and fund balances; 3. Discuss and take action on out-of-state travel to Las Vegas for Fair Coordinator; 4. Discuss and take
action to: 1. eliminate the County Revolving Loan Fund Committee as a standing committee and authorize transfer of duties to new (non County) Regional Business Fund, Inc. committee;
2. authorize County Board chair appointments to the Regional Business Fund, Inc. Board; 3. authorize per diems to be paid to new RBF Committee members; and,
4. authorize corporation counsel to make necessary legislative changes to the Pierce County Code to
effectuate approved changes. All items above are in
anticipation of approval from the State of Wisconsin for the county to regionalize its
revolving loan fund program with the Regional Business Fund, Inc.; 5. Discuss and take action for approval of a contract with West Central Wisconsin Regional Planning Commission for underwriting and loan servicing management of the county Revolving Loan Fund until regionalization with Regional Business Fund, Inc. is completed;
6. Discuss and take action on tax deed property in Village of Spring Valley - File #193;
7. Discuss and take action to order issuance of tax deed on parcels in Town of Martell - File #419, Town of Trenton File #420, Village of Ellsworth File #421, and City of River Falls File #422; 8. Discuss and take action on Claims for Listing Dogs; 9. Discuss and take action on Care of Soldiers Graves; 10. Discuss and take action to adopt an ordinance to amend the comprehensive plan to include the 2013 Pierce County Farmland Preservation Plan;
11. Discuss and take action on fee structure for Office of the Medical Examiner;
12. Discuss and take on compensation/classification study to: a. Establish marketplace comparables; b. Determine market placement goal; c. Establish pay plan design: Steps, pay-for-performance, general pay increases;
13. Future agenda items;
14. Next meeting date;
Questions regarding this agenda may be made to Sandra Langer at 715-273- 3531, Ext. 6433.
Upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of individuals with disabilities requiring special accommodations for attendance at the meeting. For additional information or to make a request, contact the Administrative
Coordinator at 715-273-3531, Ext. 6429. A quorum of County Board supervisors may be present.
(Pub. 10/02/13) WNAXLP