PIERCE COUNTY: 11/12/13 Board Meeting Agenda
Monday, November 4, 2013 - 11:20pm
PIERCE COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
Tuesday, November 12, 2013 9:00 a.m. Courthouse County Board Room, 414 W. Main St., Ellsworth, WI 54011 AGENDA: 1. Call to order; 2. Call of the roll by the Clerk: 2a Establish Quorum, 2b Adopt Agenda; 3. Pledge of Allegiance to the flag;
4. Public comment: County Board will receive public comments on any issue not related to agenda items, discussion by board members may take place but no action will be taken on any item raised; 5. Presentation of the Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR) Award; 6. Public Hearing on 2014 Budget; 7. Board will convene into closed session pursuant to §19.85(1)(g), WI Stats for the purpose of conferring with legal counsel for the governmental body who is rendering oral or written advice concerning strategy to be adopted by the body with respect to litigation in which it is or is likely to become involved: a. Eryn Smith v Pierce County;
b. litigation update; 8. Board will return to open session and take action on closed session items, if required;
Resolutions for consideration: First reading:
9. 13-23 Memorial to John Richard (Dick) Berggren, Jr.; 10. 13-24 Disallowance of Claim Eryn Smith; 11. 13-25 Resolution to Formally Commit Specific Revenue Sources & Establish Specific Uses of Those Resources in Order to Comply with Government Accounting Standards Board (GASB 54), Fund Balance Reporting & Governmental Fund Type Definition; Resolutions for consideration: Second reading:
12. 13-17 Authorize New Positions for 2014; 13. 13-18 Claims for Listing Dogs;
14. 13-19 Care of Soldiers Graves; 15. 13-20 Amend Fees for Services of County Medical Examiner and
Deputy Medical Examiner; 16. 13-21 Approve 2014 Tax Levy and Budget; 17. 13-22 To Order Issuance of Deed to Pierce County for Property Subject to Tax Certificate; Ordinances for consideration: First reading: 18. None Ordinances for consideration: Second reading:
19. 13-10 An Ordinance to Amend the Comprehensive Plan of the County of Pierce, Wisconsin to Include the 2013 Pierce County Farmland Preservation Plan (The Plan was provided at the 10/22/13 Board meeting); 20. 13-11 Rezoning 6.79 Acres from General Rural to Commercial in the Town of Isabelle City of Red Wing; 21. Appointments; 22. Future agenda items; 23. Adjourn.
Questions regarding this agenda may be made to Sandra Langer at 715-273-3531. Upon reason-able notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of individuals with disabilities requiring special accommodations for attendance at the meeting. For additional information or to make a request, contact the Administrative Coordinator at 715-273-6851.
All legislation may be adopted on a first reading pursuant to §4-4 and §4-43 of the County Board Rules.
(Pub. 11/06/13) WNAXLP