Rural man says "no" to RF fire bill
Clifton resident Richard Lee told the Town Board at its Dec. 7 meeting he was only doing the right thing by reporting a fire that he couldn't put out in a ditch near his property.
As a result, he was miffed to get a bill later in the mail from the fire department for $700.
At the time - the blaze occurred last March -- Lee said he was worried that the flames would spread to his land and that of his neighbor's, John Moelter. Both live on County Road M west of River Falls.