BOARD OF REVIEW
TOWN OF SPRING LAKE
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Board of Review for the Town of Spring Lake will meet at the Spring Lake Town Hall on Tuesday, June 16 from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. The tax roll book will be open for inspection with assessors Mr. Neil Olson and Mr. Mark Garlick on Tuesday, June 16 from 4:00 to 6:00 p.m.
Please be advised of the following requirements to appear before the Board of Review and procedural requirements if appearing before the Board:
* No person shall be allowed to appear before the Board of Review, to testify to the Board by telephone or to contest the amount of any assessment of real or personal property if the person has refused a reasonable written request by certified mail of the Assessor to view such property.
* After the first meeting of the Board of Review and before the Board's final adjournment, no person who is scheduled to appear before the board of Review may contact or provide information to a member of the board about the person's objection except at a session of the Board.
* No person may appear before the Board of Review, testify to the Board by telephone or contest the amount of assessment unless, at least 48 hours before the meeting of the Board or at least 48 hours before the meeting of the Board or at least 48 hours before the objection is heard if the objection is allowed because the person has been granted a waiver of the 48-hour notice of an intent to file a written objection by appearing before the board during the first two hours of the meeting and showing good cause for failure to meet the 48-hour notice requirement and file a written objection, that the person provides to the Clerk of the Board of Review notice as to whether the person will ask for removal of any Board member an, if so, which member will be removed and the person's reasonable estimate of the length of time that the hearing will take.
* When appearing before the Board, the person shall specify, in writing, that person's estimate of the value of the land and the improvements that are the subject of the person's objection and specify the information that the person used to arrive at that estimate.
* The Board shall hear upon oath, by telephone, all ill or disabled persons who present to the Board a letter from a physician, surgeon or osteopath that confirms their illness or disability. No other persons may testify by telephone.
Anyone wishing to file an objection must contact the Town Clerk at (715)639-2110 to complete and submit the required objection form prior to appearing before the Board of Review.
Town of Spring Lake
Donna Borgschatz, Clerk
Published June 3, 2009 22 1C