A couple and at least two children escaped their burning home with only minor injuries early Friday.
Authorities said flames were coming from the roof of a town of Union home owned by Yvonne Blodgett of Maiden Rock when an emergency responder arrived about 2:45 a.m.
The home is located at W2054 U.S. Hwy. 10, about two miles east of Grange Hall.
Occupants Michelle Plank, Richard Rodriguez and children, were able to escape the residence on their own, according to Pierce County sheriff's deputy Aaron Hansen. Two young children were treated at the scene for undisclosed injuries but were not transported, Hansen said.
Plum City Fire Chief P.J. Hines said he believes the fire was caused by an electric malfunction as most of the damage was contained to the attic. He added firefighters were on scene until 5 a.m. and had to be called back for around 90 minutes later this morning for smoldering insulation in the attic. He further stated no one was injured.
Hines said he mutually aided for Ellsworth, but called off their manpower as they only needed their water tankers.
County property records place the home's value at about $111,000.