Letter: Only real ‘fix’ laid out by founding fathers, he saysTO THE EDITOR: If you don’t see the problem yet, you couldn’t possibly be a part of the solution.
By: Scott Thomson, Maiden Rock, Pierce County Herald
TO THE EDITOR: If you don’t see the problem yet, you couldn’t possibly be a part of the solution.
1. The federal government has grown to an unsustainable size and is spiraling out of control.
2. The federal government is corrupt and morally bankrupt.
3. The federal government is insolvent and there is no way to tax, spend, cut or grow our way out of it. We are “defaulting” by inflating the dollar.
4. The federal government has decided to invade Libya and Syria (soon, my opinion) to dominate the Mediterranean Sea, giving them advantage over Russia and China while continuing the massive expenditure in life and treasure in “the endless war.”
5. There is no federal government “savior” in office, or on the horizon, in the form of a politician. Paul Ryan and a few others are making an honest effort, but lack support and are most likely too late.
6. We, the citizens, are paying a heavy price in time, talent, treasure and human life, supporting the folly of the federal government. There is no evidence of changing course.
7. We will leave a legacy of indentured servitude to the federal government, to future generations.
The only real “fix,” as I see it, has been laid out for us by the “founding fathers” in the documents they created and our current politicians lie and swear to uphold. I would suggest reacquainting ourselves with the 10th Amendment and also Article 5. We get our rights from our creator and we give specific yet limited powers to our governing bodies (this directional flow of power has been reversed, creating a soft tyranny). That is why you see the politicians ignoring their Constitutional restraints and robbing the Treasury.
I checked out http://connect.freedomworks.org/ and found “neighbors” who are also extremely concerned. Check it out.