Fire damages home in HudsonArea News
-- A fire burned a hole in the roof of the Jim and Connie Root residence at 1725 Cudd Circle on Monday evening.
HUDSON - A fire burned a hole in the roof of the Jim and Connie Root residence at 1725 Cudd Circle on Monday evening.
The Hudson Fire Department was dispatched to the two-story house just before 7 p.m. in response to a call reporting smoke and flames coming from the roof.
Firefighters arrived to heavy smoke on the east side of the house, where the back yard faces Laurel Avenue. Flames were coming through a hole in the east face of the roof, as well as from under an eave.
Firefighters appeared to quickly gain control of the fire, and used the department’s aerial ladder to finish the work.
A neighbor said the Roots had been in Pepin, but were on their way back to Hudson.
Connie Root is an instrumental music teacher and band director at Hudson Middle School.
The neighbor said the fire department rescued the Roots’ two dogs and a cat from a lower level of the house. She said the pets were unharmed