Old Cowbelle: Waking UpIt’s always such a miracle when a comatose person finally awakens, after many weeks or months asleep. Even more of a miracle when they gradually improve and can live a somewhat normal life.
It’s always such a miracle when a comatose person finally awakens, after many weeks or months asleep. Even more of a miracle when they gradually improve and can live a somewhat normal life.
Such was the case of our granddaughter, Sarina Murray, who was in a coma for over three months, and suffered a brain injury. She is doing well, living and working in New Richmond, and one of the joys of my life.
And is the case of Gary Richie, who was in a coma for six months, was on life support, finally woke up, also suffered a brain injury, but is coping. Gary as written several books and numerous pamphlets about his experience with his limitations and frustrations. The pamphlets
include “Overcoming Depression,” “Foundations of a Brain Injury,” “head Injury Survival: Religion” and others. Books include “Feelings After a Brain Injury,” “Secondary Thoughts of a Brain Injury” and “The Cross of the Head Injured.”
Richie sometimes writes under the name Donald. His writings give the reader a real sense of what the head injured person’s feelings, and how he copes with it all.
To contact Gary Richie, or order his written works: Gary Richie, 1007 Whitetail St. Apt. 15, Rice Lake, WI 54868
This funny e mail came to me from a friend, whose name I shall not mention. I think it’s really funny.
WHY MEN ARE JUST HAPPIER PEOPLE!:
1. Your last name stays the same.
2. The garage is all yours.
3. Wedding plans take care of
4. Chocolate is just another snack.
5. You can be president.
6. You can never be pregnant.
7. You can wear a white t-shirt to a water park.
8 You can wear NO shirt to a water park.
9. Car mechanics tell you the truth.
10. The world is your urinal.
11. You don’t have to stop and think of which way to turn a nut on a bolt.
12. Same work, more pay.
13. Wrinkles add more character.
14. Wedding dress - $5,000., Tux rental $100.
15. People never stare at your chest when you’re talking to them.
16. One mood- all the time.
17. Phone conversations are over in 30 seconds.
18. You can open all your own jars.
19. You get extra credit for the slightest act of thoughtfulness.
20. You are unable to see wrinkles in your clothes.
21. One wallet, one pair of shoes, one color for all seasons.
22. You can wear shorts no matter how your legs look
NO WONDER MEN ARE JUST HAPPIER PEOPLE.
Happy Birthday to: Dusty, Logen, Charley, Lucas, Lacey, Pat. Love you all!