Hastings bridge updates: Highway 61 closure now planned for Sept. 12-15The Minnesota Department of Transportation is saying that the Hastings bridge will now be closed Sept. 12-15 as the main span is moved into place. That's Wednesday-Saturday of next week.
By: Chad Richardson - Hastings Star-Gazette, Pierce County Herald
HASTINGS - As news develops over the next week or so relating to the Hastings bridge, we will add to this story. This story will be updated frequently.
• The Minnesota Department of Transportation is saying that the Hastings bridge will now be closed Sept. 12-15 as the main span is moved into place. That's Wednesday-Saturday of next week.
• From the MnDOT website, here is the updated schedule:
Closures and reopenings
On Friday, Sept. 7:
All through river traffic between Lock and Dam No. 2 and the CP Rail bridge east of downtown will be suspended and the boat launch at the park will close at 6 a.m.
On Saturday, Sept. 8:
Lock and Dam Road, the boat launch and path will reopen. Through river traffic will resume.
On Wednesday, Sept. 12:
Motorists traveling through the area will encounter a closure of Hwy 61 at the Mississippi River starting at 8:30 a.m. The highway will remain closed for up to 72 hours. Motorists travelling through the Hastings area should follow the signed detour using I-494, Hwy 52 and Hwy 55.
Lock and Dam Road and the pedestrian and bicycle path will close again.
All through river traffic will be suspended again.
All of these will re-open when the main span is secured.
• 9 a.m. Thursday: Lock and Dam Road in Hastings will be closed today at around 1 p.m. as the preparations continue for Friday morning's roll-out.
• If you are interested in seeing what the float-in may look like, you can visit the sub-contractor's website by clicking here.
• To share photos of the move with us for publication in print or online, share them with email@example.com or use the hashtag #hastingsbridge on Twitter.