WIS. DNR: Notice of Pending Application for Proposed RiprapNotice of Pending Application for Proposed Riprap
Notice of Pending Application for Proposed Riprap
Tyrell & Kari Hoyer, W6124 230th Avenue, Bay City, Wl 64723 have applied to the Department of Natural Resources for a permit to install riprap on the banks of Isabelle Creek.
The project is located in the NE1/4 of the SE1/4 of Section 28, Township 25 North, Range 17 West, Village of Bay City, Pierce County. More specifically, the rip-rap will be placed along approximately 60 feet of a severely eroded section of bank to repair a culvert outflow and eroded farm access road/snowmobile trail.
The Department has determined that the application is complete and is currently evaluating the applicant's proposal. The Department must consider factual information about the following legal standards in deciding whether to issue, modify, or deny the permit or approve or disapprove the contract:
• Whether the project will materially obstruct navigation, including commercial, recreational, active and passive forms of navigation
• Whether the project will be detrimental to the public interest, including fish and wildlife or their habitat, natural scenic beauty, or water quality
• Whether the project will materially reduce the flood flow capacity of a stream
The Department will follow the steps below to reach its final decision on the application:
1. Review the plans and information provided by the applicant.
2. Review the information from public comments.
3. Review the information presented at a public informational hearing if one is requested.
4. Review the information found in natural resource inventories and plans, maps, or data collected by the Department or others using commonly accepted methods.
5. Determine whether the proposed project or activity complies with s. 1.11, Stats [the Wisconsin Environmental Policy Act], and ch. NR 150, Wis. Adm. Code.
The Department has made a tentative determination that it will issue a permit with modifications and conditions for the proposed activity.
If you would like to know more about this project or would like to see the application and plans, please visit the Department's permit tracking website at https://permits.dnr.wi.gov/water/SitePages/ Permit%20Search.aspx.
Reasonable accommodation, including the provision of informational material in an alternative format, will be provided for qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
If notice of a public informational hearing is not included in this notice of pending application, no public informational hearing will be held unless the Department receives a request for hearing or determines within 20 days after this notice is published that there is a significant public interest in holding a hearing. If no hearing is requested, the Department may issue its decision without a hearing.
Any person may request a public informational hearing by writing to Stacy Steinke, 1300 W Clairemont Avenue, Eau Claire, Wl 54701 by U.S. mail postmarked no later than 20 days following publication of this notice. A request for hearing must include the docket number or applicant name and specify the issues that the party desires to be addressed at the informational hearing. Because the Department must base its decision to issue, deny, or modify the permit or approve or disapprove the contract on whether the project or activity meets the legal standards listed above, the issues raised in the request for hearing should relate to those standards.
Any member of the public may submit written comments to the address above by U.S. mail. Comments should include the docket number or applicant name.
If no public informational hearing is held on this application, comments must be postmarked within 30 days after the date this notice is published in a newspaper as a class 1 notice or within 30 days after the date this notice is published on the Department's website, whichever is later. If a public informational hearing is held, comments must be postmarked no later than 10 days following the date on which the hearing is completed.
The final decision may be appealed as indicated in the decision document.
Docket Number IP-WC-2012-48-04874
WISCONSIN DEPARTMENT OF NATURAL RESOURCES
For the Secretary
/s/ Stacy J. Steinke
Water Management Specialist
________________________________ (Pub. 11/28/12) WNAXLP