Colfax man injures hand when firework explodedWestern Wisconsin News
-- A Colfax area man was taken to Luther Midelfort-Mayo Health in Eau Claire Monday night after a firework exploded in his hand.
COLFAX - A Colfax area man was taken to Luther Middelfort-Mayo Health in Eau Claire Monday night after a firework exploded in his hand.
Michael Schmitt was lighting the fuse on a piece of fireworks which exploded prior to him releasing, said Dunn County Sheriff Dennis Smith.The accident happened at 6:23 p.m.
When the firework exploded, Schmitt's hand was severely damaged and medical transport was necessary. He was transported by Colfax Ambulance to the intersection of County Highways BB and B where he was then turned over to Mayo One Air Ambulance, where he was transferred to Eau Claire.
Smith said no other information was available, including age and address.