The Ellsworth Fire Department was called to Clyde’s Corner in Beldenville around 1:30 p.m. Monday. Proprietor Kathy Gutting said she was putting wood into the wood burning stove and, shortly afterwards, started smelling smoke. Gutting was concerned about wiring because it was in the same vicinity as the chimney, but fire officials at the scene determined it was a chimney fire. The fire was contained, but the extent of the damage was unavailable early this week.
Read the article: Chimney fire at Clyde's