Weather Forecast


Want broadband? Fill out PSC survey

Pierce County leaders working on a plan for high-speed internet access for the entire county are asking residents to fill out a survey to support the need.

"With the money out there, it seems like this is worth pursuing," said Brad Roy of the Pierce County Land Management Department.

He encourages people to complete a Wisconsin Public Service online survey to reinforce the local need for broadband and thus help the county qualify for funding to get it.

Although details won't be released until June, there apparently will be federal economic stimulus money to cover most of the cost of countywide broadband.

"The number we're hearing is 85 percent," said Roy. He said county staff's intention is to find funding to cover the other 15 percent of the cost.

For more please read the May 20 print version of the Herald.