Weather Forecast


Wood stove blamed for house fire

A house in the Town of El Paso was destroyed by an early morning fire Sunday. The Ellsworth Fire Department was called to the fire at the Jeff and Jodie Robey residence, W4731 CTH G, at 3:58 a.m. No one was injured in the blaze, believed to have been caused by a wood stove. The single-story home was said to be a total loss. The family was staying with relatives after the incident. Pierce County Highway Department personnel were recruited to sand the intersection of Hwy. 63 and G, which became icy due to water hauled by the EFD. Pierce Pepin Cooperative Services personnel also were present to discontinue the electrical power to the structure. Fire fighters were on the scene until 6:56 a.m. (Herald photo by Angie Nelson)