Prescott Police reports: Traffic troubles, possible intruders
These incidents were reported to the Prescott Police Department May 1-7.
• Anthony J. Christiansen, 24, West St. Paul, Minn., was cited for speeding, possession of THC and possession of drug paraphernalia after a traffic stop for speeding at 2:14 a.m. May 2 at Highway 10 and Broad Street. When police smelled a strong odor of marijuana emanating from the truck, a subsequent search yielded cash, marijuana, pipes and a scale.
• A tractor trailer went into the ditch after trying to turn left out of Eagle Ridge Drive onto Highway 10 at 2:29 p.m. May 2. A tow truck pulled it out.
• Brendon R. Barringer, Eagan, Minn., was cited for speeding after a traffic stop at 9:17 p.m. May 2 at Broad Street and Highway 10.
• Justin M. Fritze, Hastings, Minn., was cited for speeding and warned for obstructed taillights after a traffic stop at 2:42 a.m. May 3 at Highway 10 and Broad Street.
• Police were dispatched to a two-vehicle crash at 3:34 p.m. May 4 at Flora and Kinnickinnic streets. Kristopher K. Seipel, 37, Prescott, was cited for failure to yield from a stop sign. There was road blockage but no injuries.
• Julie A. Trapp, 44, Prescott, was cited for operating after suspension and non-registration of an auto after a traffic stop for operating and outside of hours and expired vehicle registration at 6:05 p.m. May 4 at Highway 10 and Broad Street.
• Mauricio Ramirez-Portilla, 28, Moundsview, Minn., was cited for speeding and operating without a valid license after a traffic stop at 8:34 p.m. May 4 at Jefferson and Walter streets.
• Sherry R. Simpkins, 24, Hastings, Minn., was cited for speeding after a traffic stop at 7:16 a.m. May 5 at Campbell Street and Orrin Road.
• Pedro C. Jumping Eagle, 42, Prescott, was cited for operating without a license after a traffic stop at 7:59 p.m. at May 5 after a traffic stop for loud exhaust.
• Kevante D. Crutchfield, 22, Woodbury, Minn., was cited for possession of drug paraphernalia after a traffic stop for speeding at 12:04 a.m. May 6 at Highway 10 and Broad Street. Upon contact police saw an open alcoholic beverage container visible in the seat. After getting consent to search the vehicle, police found a grinder in the trunk. Verbal warnings were given for the open container and operating without a license.
• Nicholas Borgmann, 32, Minneapolis, was cited for speeding at 10:54 a.m. May 6 at Highway 35 and 570th Avenue.
• Eric M. Bender, 22, Fort Atkinson, was cited for speeding at 3:16 p.m. May 6 at Highway 35 and Dexter Street.
• Ronald K. Corbisier, 48, Hudson, was cited for speeding at 3:27 p.m. May 6 at Highway 35 and Dexter Street.
• Amy J. Nelson, River Falls, was cited for speeding after a traffic stop at 12:02 a.m. May 7 at Canton Street and Highway 10.
• Richard H. Mentzos, 46, Prescott, was cited for operating with a suspended license at 10:54 a.m. May 7 at Highway 10 and Eagle Ridge Drive.
A resident called police at 6:56 a.m. May 1 because he believed someone was in his house and there to harm him and his children. The garage and house were searched at the residence in the 600 block of James Street. No one was found. Police responded to the same residence at 3:55 p.m. for reports of a suicidal male. It was determined the complainant was most likely under the influence of drugs.
Bleeding man in need of help
A caller reported at 9:30 a.m. May 2 a man walking from Holiday gas station toward Philander's Grill & Bar who was bleeding from his wrist. The man had a small cut on his right wrist and was possibly hallucinating. The man was taken to the hospital.
• Thomas P. Sorenson, 56, Prescott, was arrested on a probation hold at 1:09 p.m. May 2 in the 700 block of Borner Street.
• Sanjeev A. Dhawan, 23, Prescott, was arrested for four counts of misdemeanor bail jumping at 10:40 a.m. May 5 at a residence in the 300 block of Walter Street.
Police were called to a residence in the 100 block of Orange Street at 2:41 a.m. May 6 for a possible burglary. They were told that two men kicked in a door and stole a cell phone.
• Police received a vandalism/criminal damage to property report at 9:13 a.m. May 5 at 390 S. Locust St.
• A vehicle came out of gear and rolled down the street at 2:56 p.m. May 5 in the 500 block of Monroe Street. The owner was told to put the parking brake on when they park.
• Police reported to a residence in the 800 block of Kinnickinnic Street at 8:25 p.m. May 5 for a welfare check.
• A small child reportedly hit a car in a parking space at 6:17 p.m May 6 in the 100 block of Broad Street. The child was transported by EMS as a precaution.
• Items were reported stolen at 9:27 p.m. May 7 by a male and female at 1041 Orrin Road.