Pierce County Sheriff's blotter: Attempted arson in Ellsworth; Gunshot reports
Attempted arson in Ellsworth
Deputies were called at 10:10 p.m. Dec. 2 to W6286 Highway 63 in Ellsworth for a domestic disturbance involving a man who tried setting fire to a house. The man fled the scene before officers arrived.
Attempted bank break-in
An attempted break-in was reported Nov. 27 at a bank at W3532 Highway 35 in Maiden Rock.
Theft targets Christmas trees
A theft of pine trees was reported Nov. 27 at W6345 300th Ave. in Bay City. The property owner suspects they were stolen to be used as Christmas trees.
• A caller reported at 2:01 a.m. Nov. 28 that people were shooting from a vehicle on the road along 730th Street in Hager City. A search of the area did not turn up any suspects.
• Gunfire was reported Dec. 2 on 1145th Street in Prescott. The caller was concerned since the last time she heard shots like that, a cow was struck. Deputies didn't find anything suspicious or out of place.
Bay City burglary
A burglary was reported Nov. 29 at W5189 Highway 35 in Bay City. Evidence and statements were gathered.
Gutted deer remains discovered
Two field-dressed deer carcasses were found Nov. 30 at 290th Avenue and County Road O in Ellsworth. Deputies alerted game wardens to the incident.
'Grandparents' scam' reported
An Ellsworth caller reported an attempted "grandparents' scam" Dec. 1. The complainant received a call from someone alleging her grandson was in jail. She turned over neither funds nor personal identification.
Suspicious check in the mail
A complainant came to the sheriff's office Nov. 27 to report receiving an $80,000 starter check in the mail from TCF Bank. To whom or by the check was made out was illegible.
• Deputies responded at 1:53 a.m. Nov. 29 to W7605 Highway 35 in Hager City for a suspicious activity report. A man was attempting to sell items to a farmer. The man was told to continue on and to sell items on the internet.
• Deputies were called Nov. 29 to N3870 730th St. in Ellsworth for domestic disturbance in progress. A 25-year-old Fridley, Minn., man was arrested on suspicion of domestic disorderly conduct.
• A caller reported a tire was slashed Dec. 1 at N7696 780th St. in the town of River Falls. No suspects.
• Deputies stopped a car at 3:02 a.m. Dec. 4 at Highway 35 and 150th Avenue in Bay City for a stop sign violation. The driver, a 23-year-old Red Wing woman, was arrested on suspicion of operating after revocation (alcohol-related), two counts of misdemeanor bail jumping, methamphetamine possession and possession of drug paraphernalia. A passenger was also arrested on suspicion of drug paraphernalia possession.
• Vehicle driven by Andrea L. Stockwell, 18, Spring Valley, crashed and overturned in a ditch at 12:45 a.m. Nov. 25 on County Road J in the town of Martell. She was not injured.
• Vehicle driven by Naoko Yang, 51, Oakdale, Minn., crashed into a ditch at 6:50 a.m. Nov. 25 on Highway 35 in the town of Oak Grove. Neither Yang nor his passenger, 24-year-old Jorge H. Yang, were injured.
• Vehicles driven by Howard P. Stenerson, 54, Red Wing, and Morgan C. Thumann, 18, Ellsworth, collided at 8:33 p.m. Nov. 25 at Main Street and Terrace Avenue in Ellsworth. Neither driver was injured.
• Vehicle driven by Cody J. Zimmer, 25, Bay City, struck a cow at 5:40 p.m. Nov. 26 on County Road D in the town of Hartland. The cow, owned by Charles Hager, Bay City, died.
• David M. Zink, 59, Beldenville, rear-ended Ronald C. Reigle, 62, Ellsworth, at 6:31 a.m. Nov. 28 on Highway 10 in the town of Oak Grove. Neither driver was injured.