Prescott police: Battery suspect arrested during traffic stop
These incidents were reported to the Prescott Police Department Jan. 8-14.
A city employee was bitten by a dog at 9:20 a.m. Jan. 8 at 1267 Walnut St. A report was filed.
Joshua M. Dreier, 23, Prescott, was arrested for domestic battery, OWI-first and operating with PAC after a traffic stop for expired license tabs 10:42 p.m. Jan. 8 at James and Pearl streets. Dreier was the suspect in a domestic incident that occurred Jan. 3.
Welfare check at school
Police responded at 2:58 p.m. Jan. 9 to 1220 St. Croix St. for an out-of-control juvenile at Prescott Intermediate School. The child was taken to Children's Hospital for an evaluation.
Needed a ride
Police responded at 7:16 p.m. Jan. 14 to 145 Broad St., where an intoxicated woman was asking police for a ride to Cottage Grove. She was advised to call a taxi, Uber, Lyft or a friend for a ride.
• Nathan C. Cousins, 18, Centuria, was cited for speeding after a traffic stop for speeding and a defective head lamp at 11:46 p.m. Jan. 9 at Canton Street and Highway 10.
• Stephani K. Folkers, 25, Prescott, was cited for speeding after a traffic stop at 7:36 p.m. Jan. 10 at Cherry Street and Highway 10.
• A semi trailer scraped a power pole between Orrin Road and U.S. Highway 10 at 7:44 a.m. Jan. 11. Xcel was notified and the truck located.
• Police stopped a green Jaguar with fresh damage to the front and rear of the vehicle, with a broken tail lamp, at 12:27 a.m. Jan. 12 at Canton and Henry streets. The driver, Jayda Brinkhaus-Schmidt, 18, Prescott, told police she had spun out and crashed on County Road F and 820th. She was cited for operate without carrying a license. The crash was referred to Pierce County Sheriff's Office.
• A resident reported their mailbox had been struck at 4:08 p.m. Jan. 12 at 363 Flora St. S. It was knocked over by an unknown vehicle.