Pierce County sheriff's blotter: Fleeing snowmobiler arrested
Fleeing snowmobiler arrested
A snowmobile incident at 5:37 p.m. Jan. 19 at 690th Avenue and County Road E in River Falls led to a man's arrest. A deputy tried stopping a snowmobile for riding on closed trails and other suspected violations. The snowmobile fled into a wooded area, prompting deputies and Wisconsin State Patrol troopers to respond. The rider, a Prescott man, got away but was later found and arrested on suspicion of fleeing in a snowmobile, probation violation and criminal property damage related to DNR violations.
Report: Video game rage leads to complaint
Officers responded to a noise complaint at 3:44 a.m. Jan. 17 at N8652 940th St. in River Falls. A caller reported hearing yelling and things breaking. Deputies spoke with the suspect, who said he was upset with his video game. He was told to keep it down. Officers were called to the house again at 1:20 a.m. Jan. 19 for another noise complaint. While speaking with the suspect this time, deputies confiscated pot "and many items of drug paraphernalia in plain view." A 24-year-old River Falls man was cited.
Ice breakthrough in Maiden Rock
Deputies responded to a vehicle that went through the ice Jan. 14 on the Mississippi River at Maiden Rock. The incident was reported the next day. The driver reported driving back to Maiden Rock after fishing. Due to heavy snow, the driver missed the boat launch and went through the ice in shallow water. A towing company was called.
Cat problem in Plum City
A caller reported Jan. 17 that she had concerns about cats going missing in Plum City. The village is holding a Feb. 5 meeting to discuss the issue.
Snowmobiling teens ticketed
Deputies stopped three snowmobilers Jan. 15 at W5107 370th Ave. in Ellsworth. A 16-year-old Maiden Rock boy was ticketed for failing to carry registration. A 15-year-old Ellsworth boy was ticketed for minor operating a snowmobile without a permit and a 16-year-old Ellsworth boy was cited for failure to carry registration.
• A deputy on patrol Jan. 18 at County Road C and Highway 35 in Bay City stopped a vehicle after witnessing it cross the centerline. The driver, a 21-year-old Ellsworth man was arrested on suspicion of OWI, THC possession and operating left of center.
• A deputy on patrol stopped a vehicle at 1:19 a.m. at County Road D and Highway 35 in Bay City after witnessing weaving and crossing the centerline. The driver, a 46-year-old Maiden Rock man, was arrested on suspicion of OWI-fourth offense.
Bay City auto theft
A vehicle was reported stolen at 2:36 a.m. Jan. 20 at W6454 Highway 35 in Bay City.
Deputies responded at 9:30 p.m. Jan. 21 to N8106 Highway 65 in River Falls for a domestic disturbance. The suspect was allegedly trying to force his way into the house but fled before officers arrived. The suspect, a River Falls man, was later caught and arrested on suspicion of domestic disorderly conduct, criminal property damage and interfering with a 911 call.
• A burglary was reported Jan. 15 at N8271 900th St. in the town of River Falls.
• Deputies responded to a domestic disturbance at 10:08 a.m. Jan. 17 at N6387 1307th St. in Prescott. A man was arrested on suspicion of domestic disorderly conduct and criminal property damage.
• Deputies located an 18-year-old River Falls man with open warrants in Spring Valley. The man was arrested on suspicion of drug paraphernalia possession and multiple warrants.
• A deputy stopped a vehicle Jan. 20 in Spring Valley for an equipment violation and "odd driving behavior." The traffic stop revealed the motorist was a new driver in the presence of her mother. She was warned about the brake light.
• A power outage was discovered at 3:55 a.m. Jan. 22 in Plum City. The outage affected several farms. Deputies didn't find any downed power lines or an apparent cause. Pierce-Pepin was alerted to the issue.