Pierce County sheriff's blotter: Goat remains found; trespassers galore
Goat remains found dumped
Goat carcasses were discovered Nov. 21 at 690th Avenue and County Road N in Beldenville. Two carcasses, suspected to be pygmy goats, were found in a ditch near a guardrail. The property owner reported the remains had been there about three weeks. No known suspects.
• Deputies were called to a trespassing complaint 4:27 p.m. Nov. 23 near 235th Avenue and 370th Street in Maiden Rock. Deputies, along with Department of Natural Resources wardens, found three male suspects. One suspect, an 18-year-old from Superior, was arrested for a probation hold. He and the other two were mailed trespassing tickets. Additional charges for after-hours hunting were being investigated.
• A trespasser was reported Nov. 24 on land near County Road K and Highway 35 in Hager City. The suspect had been there the previous day and returned. He was gone by the time officers arrived.
• A caller reported recording trail-cam images of a trespasser at a property Nov. 26 on County Road AA in Maiden Rock. The complainant named a possible suspect and requested the man be cited for trespassing.
Unlicensed outdoorsman arrested in garage
Officers responded at 8:58 p.m. Nov. 24 to W7923 185th Ave. in Hager City for a home alarm. Deputies found a 59-year-old Edina, Minn., man in the garage. He was later arrested on suspicion of hunting or fishing without a license and contempt of court. A DNR warden was also called to investigate the incident.
Bullet strikes home
A caller reported at 11:24 a.m. Nov. 18 that a stray bullet struck a home at W12286 820th Ave. in River Falls.
Man arrested after hit-and-run
A hit-and-run crash was reported at 5:34 p.m. Nov. 25 Public Street in Elmwood. The driver, a 28-year-old Ellsworth man, was arrested on suspicion of OWI-second offense, operating after revocation and tampering with an ignition interlock device. He was also cited for hit and run, along with other offenses.
• Deputies on patrol at 11:48 p.m. Nov. 20 stopped a vehicle for an equipment violation at Highway 63 and 810th Street in Hager City. An 18-year-old Ellsworth man was cited for THC possession and an 18-year-old Ellsworth woman was cited for driving without insurance.
• Deputies performed a traffic stop after noticing a false registration plate and an equipment violation at 12:42 a.m. Nov. 21 on a vehicle at Highway 63 and 830th Street in Hager City. The driver, a 53-year-old Maiden Rock man, was arrested on suspicion of felony bail jumping, possession of drug paraphernalia and was ticketed for open container and displaying false registration. A 30-year-old passenger was arrested on suspicion of methamphetamine possession, probation hold, misdemeanor bail jumping and obstructing an officer.
• A deputy on patrol Nov. 23 stopped a suspected drunken driver on 825th Street in Hager City after receiving a complaint from another motorist. The suspect told the deputy she'd been shuffling through paper maps trying to find her way to a family Thanksgiving meal. She received a warning for distracted driving.
• Deputies responded at 3:42 a.m. Nov. 19 to N6499 Highway 63 in Beldenville for a domestic assault report. A woman involved was found in a parking lot. A man involved fled on foot and wasn't found.
• Deputies responded at 5:01 p.m. to Highway 65 and 610th Avenue in Beldenville for a man wearing dark clothing walking near the roadway. It was determined the pedestrian had been recently released from jail and was walking to River Falls. The man was given a courtesy ride the rest of the way.
• A fight between two inmates was reported at 4:21 p.m. Nov. 19 at the Pierce County Jail in Ellsworth. A second fight was reported there at 7:01 p.m.