VILLAGE OF ELLSWORTH, WISCONSIN
Village Pres. Gerald DeWolfe called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. in the Board Room located in Village Hall.
Members present: Trustees Curt Wandmacher; Rick Sweig; Dick Hines; Kenny Manfred; Michael J. Steele, Neil Gulbranson
Staff present: Clerk/Treas. Peggy Nelson; Public Works Director/Zoning Administrator, Greg Engeset; Library Director, Tiffany Meyer
Others present: Attorney, Robert Loberg; Dale Auckland; P.C. Herald, Rachel Helgeson; Lance Austin, Karen Meyer, Scott Hines
Approval of minutes:
MSC Steele/Manfred to accept minutes of 1/7/19 as submitted. Unanimous.
Approval of bills:
MSC Wandmacher/Gulbranson to approve payment of vouchers submitted for audit to date. Unanimous.
#34564-34584, 34613-34640, 34667-34692, auto and P-Card payments
General fund - $337,316.54
Water fund - 17,699.36
Sewer fund - 33,945.31
Public comment on non-agenda items:
Acknowledge retirees Rich Harris and Scott Hines:
Pres. DeWolfe presented a plaque to Scott Hines for his 40 years of service to the Village of Ellsworth, thanking him for his service to the community. Rich Harris was not able to attend the board meeting.
Approve Regular Operator License for Cassandra Oricchio:
MSC Hines/Sweig to grant license. Unanimous.
2018 Zoning Administrator report:
Engeset reported 7 new house permits were issued. Total Building Permit value $2,698,797.00.
Remodeling Permit value $386,334.00, issued by Clerk's Office.
Accept Cairns Woods timber bid from Jeremiah Cleland for $13,463:
MSC Steele/Wandmacher to accept bid. Unanimous.
Funds will go into parks with Finance Committee adding to their next meeting agenda an agenda item to determine the use of these funds.
COMMITTEE REPORTS/ RECOMMENDATIONS:
Plan Commission: 1/21 Trustee Rick Sweig
Brem LLC, 334 N. Beulah St., approve Conditional Use Permit for a second unattached garage:
MSC Manfred/Wandmacher to refer back to Plan Commission for further review due to correspondence rec'd from Att. Robert Loberg on law changes regarding the issuance of Conditional Use Permits.
Board of Appeals: 1/23 Trustee Kenny Manfred
Brem LLC, 334 N. Beulah St. - denied an application for a size and side-yard setback variance for an unattached garage. Trustee Dick Hines, Board of Appeals member, informed the board that he voted in favor of granting the variance, reason being was that no neighbors were present, Darrin was willing to work with the Village and he felt it would add tax base.
Salary and Labor: 1/23 Trustee Neil Gulbranson
Authorize Public Works Dept. employee hiring process:
MSC Gulbranson/Wandmacher to approve hiring process for a future employee. Unanimous.
Approve promoting PWD employee Mike Huppert to Foreman with an add'l $125 per month wage increase effective Feb. 10th:
MSC Gulbranson/Manfred to approve. Unanimous.
1/25/18 - Ellsworth Fire Services Assoc. Annual Meeting (Minutes on file in Village Clerk's Office)
Village Rep. Neil Gulbranson reported on 2019 slate of Officers, financial report and loan balances.
1/16/18 - Ellsworth Area Ambulance Service Operating Committee (Minutes on file in Village Clerk's Office)
Village Rep. Rick Sweig reported that approval was given to refurbish the 2008 Stryker power and add XPS upgrade not to exceed $11,142. Working to get a contract in place for 2018 & 2019 LOSA funding. Staffing still down 1 full-time paramedic and 1 time paramedic. Update was given on the First Watch Software Program, used to monitor service and personnel along with medication service purchases. Waiting for final approval from state on updates to EAAS EMS guidelines. Strategic Planning meeting scheduled for February 9th at Pierce Pepin Coop training room. Next meeting 4/17/19.
Chief of Police: absent
-Provided a written report of Jan. citations/arrests.
Approve hire of part-time Police Officers Jacob E. Kern and Derek C. Featherstone:
MSC Hines/Sweig to approve new hires. Unanimous.
Public Works Director/Zoning Administrator:
- Generator at Wastewater Treatment Plant locked up during the cold weather, 3 lift station problems and 1 frozen water line on owner's side
- Broken water line at Catholic Church, repaired on Sunday as not to shut down school on Monday, and then there was no school
- Warning siren is on Village lot in Dar-Ray, not boulevard
- Main Street repairs; will be getting information on upgrades with cost estimates, presently scheduled for 2024
- DOT transportation permit issues for transport of sludge to and from the West Central WI Biosolids Facility, resolution will be an agenda item for the March board meeting, supporting legislation to allow for transport of biosolids on state highways in excess of statutory height and weight limits
- Notification rec'd from the State Trust Fund Loan Program showed that the Ellsworth Community School District rec'd $68,892 for Public School Library Aid
- Rec'd the 2018 payment in lieu of taxes from Impact Seven
- No Feb. Primary Election
- April 2nd ballot placement
- Presented and outlined the 2018 Annual Report
- Gave an update on programs scheduled for February
- 5 Library computers and 1 laptop will need to be replaced due to Windows 7 operating system
MSC Hines/Steele, 7:58 p.m. Unanimous.
Peggy A. Nelson-Clerk
_______________________________________________________________________ (Pub. 03/13/19) WNAXLP