Town of Salem
Pierce County - State of Wisconsin
BOARD OF REVIEW
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Review for the Town of Salem, Pierce County, Wisconsin, shall hold its first meeting on Saturday, June 1, 2019 from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m., at the Town of Salem Shop & Town Hall.
Please be advised of the following requirements to appear before the board of review:
1. No person shall be allowed to appear before the board of review, to testify to the board by telephone or to contest the amount of any assessment of real or personal property if the person has refused a reasonable written request by certified mail of the assessor to enter onto property to conduct an exterior view of the real or personal property being assessed.
2. After the first meeting of the board of review and before the board's final adjournment, no person who is scheduled to appear before the board of review may contact, or provide information to, a member of the board about that person's objection except at a session of the board.
3. No person may appear before the board of review, testify to the board by telephone or contest the amount of any assessment unless, at least 48 hours before the first meeting of the board or at least 48 hours before the objection is heard if the objection is allowed under sub. (3)(a), that person provides to the clerk of the board of review notice as to whether the person will ask for removal under sub. (6m)(a) and if so which member will be removed and the person's reasonable estimate of the length of time that the hearing will take.
4. When appearing before the board, the person shall specify, in writing, the person's estimate of the value of the land and of the improvements that are the subject of the person's objection and specify the information that the person used to arrive at that estimate.
5. No person may appear before the board of review, testify to the board by telephone or object to a valuation; if that valuation was made by the assessor or the objector using the income method; unless no later than 7 days before the first meeting of the board of review the person supplies to the assessor all of the information about income and expenses, as specified in the manual under s. 73.03 (2a), that the assessor requests. The municipality or county shall provide by ordinance for the confidentiality of information about income and expenses that is provided to the assessor under this paragraph and shall provide exceptions for persons using the information in the discharge of duties imposed by law or of the duties of their office or by order of a court. The information that is provided under this paragraph is not subject to the right of inspection and copying under s. 19.35 (1) unless a court determines before the first meeting of the board of review that the information is inaccurate.
Open Book will be held on Friday, May 24, 2019 from 9:00 am to 11:00 am, at the Town of Salem Shop & Town Hall.
Missy Townsend, Town of Salem Clerk
______________________________________ (Pub. 05/15/19) WNAXLP