Ellsworth police: Raccoons, thefts, and more
The following incidents were reported to Ellsworth Police April 1-9.
• A student was cited by mail after being found in possession of an E-cigarette at 8:38 a.m. April 3 at Ellsworth High School. It fell out of the student's pocket onto the floor in a classroom.
• A student was cited by mail for disorderly conduct after police were called to EHS for a fight not in progress at 11:45 a.m. April 3.
Police responded to a two-vehicle crash at 8:24 p.m. April 4 at 723 S. Piety St. between Olivia Girdeen, 17, Ellsworth, and Douglas Lentz, 31, Woodbury, Minn. Lentz was attempting to navigate a right-hand turn and said he goes "left to take the turn wide" due to the driveway being small. Girdeen thought he was turning left and attempted to pass on the right. The vehicle collided. Lentz was mailed a citation for operating without a driver's license.
• A male reported at 6:19 p.m. April 3 that his white Mongoose bike with red and blue accents had been stolen earlier in the day at Ellsworth High School. Two USA Wrestling stickers go down the tubes to the pedals. He last saw the bike at 7 a.m. that day.
• A juvenile male was caught shoplifting at 1:47 a.m. April 7 at 467 W. Main St. An employee said he had caught the male behind the counter. The male admitted to trying to take a JUUL, but put it back at the last second. He was informed he would be cited for shoplifting after security cameras were reviewed if it shows he didn't put the JUUL back. His parents were contacted via phone.
• A complainant reported a passenger side window broken out of a vehicle at 9:24 a.m .April 7 in the 200 block of West Main Street. A dark blue Coach containing $1,040 in cash, wallet and ID was taken.
• A woman called police at 8:09 p.m. April 7 to report change and pens missing from her purse, located in an apartment in the 100 block of Bay Street. She didn't want police to come because she was worried the neighbor was listening at the door.
• Kevin Barstad, 33, Spring Valley, was arrested for a probation violation at 4:03 p.m. April 1 at 310 W. Main St.
• Alisa Price, 38, River Falls, was arrested for a probation hold at 3:54 p.m. April 4 at 412 W. Kinne St.
• Vincent Levers, 29, Ellsworth, was arrested on a Minnesota warrant after police were called at 4:55 a.m. April 5 to 522 E. Main St. for a standby / keep the peace civil matter.
• Alisa Frion, 36, Ellsworth, was arrested on suspicion of domestic disorderly conduct at 1:04 p.m. April 7 at 161 S. Oak St.
• Chace Williams, 24, Ellsworth, was arrested on suspicion of domestic disorderly conduct at 11:26 p.m. April 7 at 191 Evergreen Estates. Police were called to the residence where Williams allegedly fled out the window on foot. He was located in a wooded area behind the residence and taken to Pierce County Jail.
• Police found a possibly injured or sick raccoon sitting inside the fenced area at Pierce County Fairgrounds in the northeast corner at 9:30 a.m. April 4. The animal appeared healthy but had a limp. Police will check on it later.
• A raccon was found lying next to the set of doors to the east of Door No. 5 at Ellsworth Elementary at 4 p.m. April 6. It appeared ill and would not move when confronted. The warden was called to take the raccoon and dispatch it at the village dump.